Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kid Rock Live



That's right, Kid Rock came to Al Udeid and put on a show. But before that, he graced us with his presence at the Med Group. He was actually really nice. He shook everyone's hands and posed with us for pictures. The other girl in the picture with me and Kid Rock is Lt Dockery. She got here about three weeks ago to replace one of our nurses who had to leave early. She is really nice and I have had fun working with her.
The show was good, definitely rated R- but he said during the show he could be sure there weren't any kids present. He had Carlos Mancina on before him who is a comedian. His show was pretty raunchy but funny. He made fun of the reflector belts we have to wear everywhere- even with our already highly reflective PT uniforms. He said it would take an idiot to get run over by a car you could see coming for 8 miles. He actually didn't phrase it as nicely as that though.
It's almost Christmas and the Hospital is decorated from top to bottom. We have already experienced an onslaught of packages full of candy and gifts but it is nice to know people are thinking about us.
I recorded a radio interview for a radio station in Iowa with 6 other med group people. It has yet to be posted on-line but my name is listed on their website and if you google Melody McTaggart (according to my mom) the radio's website shows up. I will post the link when I get it.
Hopefully two posts right in a row makes up for my lack of communication but I plan on taking a lot of pictures in the next few weeks as I get closer to leaving.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment